Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Safe Happy Place.... ?

There's a saying everyone knows.. "Find a safe happy place..." and usually when you hear it, it's meant in jest, someone pictured rocking back and forth with a look of fear or what not on their face. But I really must wonder... Does a "Happy Place" really exist? What would it looking like? Feel like? It's been so long since I've really been truly happy. I mean I get a glimpse at it every now and then.. And I'm, over all, not UNhappy... I guess... But I'm not truly happy. I don't really know how to get there. I'm really not even sure of how that feels anymore. How do I recognize a happy place if I'm not sure what happy really is? I think I was once. But did I have a happy place then? How do I get back there? I want to be happy. I want to think to myself, "Ah... this is life" with a smile on my face. I need to feel it. I wonder if others have that. Do you? Do you have a happy place? Do you consider yourself to be a happy person? Is it really there? Can I really have that for myself? I know others can't do it for me... but can I get there on my own?

2 comments:

Sandi said...

I think my happy place is anywhere I am when I find out I'm not broke anymore, the kids have all moved out and are doing well, and I am about to loose 40 pounds just by taking a nap so no I don't think my place exists in reality! LOL! But I will keep trying hahaha! Hello! New follower from Pagan Team on etsy! I look forward to a new friendship!! Feel free to follow me as well if you'd like! Bright Blessings!

*´¨)
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•`*SANDI

www.CraftsbySandi.com
http://craftsbysandi.blogspot.com/

Just Me said...

Thanks for the comment :) Yeah, starting to think my "happy place" may not exist in reality either! *laughs*