Friday, March 4, 2011

Internal struggle...

I'm at war with myself... I feel an internal struggle between the need to create simply for the joy of it, doing things in my own style, my own way, and the need to to create for profit and success of the business. The latter involves a compromise though. It involves changing the style of my jewelry to a more desired, more mainstream "popular" look and fashion. While I guess I'm not fully against it, it's just not me. I create because I love it. It's just that while I do have confidence in the fact that my work is good, looks great, and many people compliment it, compliments aren't purchases.. And success I guess is measured by profit and purchases alike. I haven't had any purchases of late, there for haven't been able to purchase any new materials.. so I'm exhausting what little bit I have in stock.. It's very frustrating and I think that is the main cause behind this latest episode of measured success. Really, how do we measure success? Am I a successful jewelry designer? Talented? Sure, I can toot my own horn there.. :) I don't mind doing that at all! (And that is saying something, I'm not a horn tooter by any stretch!) But success, that I just don't know about.. and I don't know if I can compromise myself to make that success happen.. ahh... way too much to think about on this rainy afternoon...

No comments: