Thursday, December 16, 2010

Speaks to my core...

I found this on my PaganTeam webpage.. It speaks to me, on so many levels, it touches me to my core.. There are so many things for me to work on... and so much I have yet to grasp, yet with this, daily reading it, daily praying it, daily LIVING it.. I know I can succeed.. I must...

I ASKED~


I asked The Goddess to take away my pain.


The Goddess said, No. It is not for me to take away, but for you to give it up.


I asked The Goddess to make my handicapped child whole.


The Goddess said, No. Her spirit is whole, her body was only temporary.


I asked The Goddess to to grant me patience.


The Goddess said, No. patience is a byproduct of tribulations; it isn't granted,

it is earned.


I asked The Goddess to give me happiness.


The Goddess said, No. I give you blessings. Happiness is up to you.


I asked The Goddess to spare me pain.


The Goddess said, No. Suffering draws you apart from worldly cares and

brings you closer to me.


I asked The Goddess to make my spirit grow.


The Goddess said, No. You must grow on your own, but I will prune you to

make you fruitful.


I asked for all things that I might enjoy life.


The Goddess said, No. I will give you life so that you may enjoy all things.


I asked The Goddess to help me love others, as much as she loves me.


The Goddess said, Ahhhh, finally you have the idea.


Author Unknown

No comments: