Sunday, November 28, 2010

TIme passing...

Thanksgiving has come and gone.. I'm sucking at this posting business lately. It seems time just isn't on my side. :P Solstice is coming up fast and I seem to be very much in a festive mood of late. I've been very excited this year. I think in part the kids are old enough that this year has become "fun" and exciting. I also think that I am very much enjoying the fact that the kids are old enough now to understand the meanings behind our holidays. My middle one especially, he has just blown me away with his understanding of Goddess and all things mystical. Seriously, he is one very old soul... This boy never takes anything seriously and he can sit with me for an hour and just talk about how he sees Goddess or what he knows about creation. It's truly wonderful. My oldest is still a bit in his own world, but that's ok, he's a new soul, like his mommy. :) Everything is still happening "to" him, not "around" him. So it may take him awhile. My youngest, well, we talk about it around her, but I don't expect her to pick up on it yet. She's only 3 after all. ;) So anyways, Solstice is just around the corner, and then we will "celebrate" Christmas with the grandparents and Santa will come on Christmas as well. So really, my kiddos are going to be very spoiled.. *grin* That's ok, they only get two presents a piece from us. We don't want them to get used to the idea that we will get them everything they want. I guess you could say I'm still quite "old school" in my thinking. More to come on Solstice later, as well as a jewelry post! Haven't done one of those in a while. I have several new pieces so stop by the shop.. *winkwink* Yes, I know, I have no shame... :P

2 comments:

readingsully2 said...

Hi Mel. Merry Christmas.

Just Me said...

Happy Yule and Merry Christmas to you Carole!! :) *hug*