Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Tiny Blessings

Well this weekend provided me with a tiny blessing. I was going along, at my normal moody speed, and I stopped Sunday afternoon to notice that the spiral willow out on our back porch seemed to be growing new leaves finally (caterpillars had eaten most). Well, right there on the tree was a butterfly! So I grabbed my camera and eased out the door to try and get a picture. When I walked up, I realized it was a monarch! And much to my surprise, it was fluttering it's wings but not flying off. That's when I saw it. An opened chrysalis! It had just come from within and was drying off it's wings! How amazing is that? So of course I got a picture or two. Then my eye caught ANOTHER one! This chrysalis was unopened! And then I found another up on the frame of our window! How blessed can we be?! Mother Earth bestowed three beautiful blessing on our house! I can't wait until the other two chrysalises open!



6 comments:

Pam of Always Artistic said...

Wow you are so lucky. Beautiful. Just beautiful!

Lee said...

How Wonderful!

Marlene said...

Very beautiful. I have not seen a monarch since I lived in Utah, which was 42 years ago.

Wires n Pliers said...

I hope you keep your camera ready just in case you happen by the tree while one of the chrysalis' are opening up allowing the butterfly to crawl out!
You are so lucky to see this!
cheers,
Carol

Just Me said...

I was so lucky, this AM I caught the 2nd (the one on the window frame) after the monarch had come out and was stretching his wings! Thanks to my son for waking me at 5:30 :P Got pics and will post later.. they aren't fancy or anything, but had to snap him :)

Anonymous said...

infections can be passed from mother to child; infections can cause psych problems that don't respond well to antidepressants....


http://lymeinducedautism.com/lymeautismconnection.html