Monday, September 13, 2010

Talking Turquoise

Since I've started the jewelry back up, I've begun thinking about the stones I feel most drawn too. Turquoise is one of those. I've never known why really. So yesterday I pulled my little stone book out and began to read. Turquoise connects us to the earth. It's sacred to many American Indian tribes as well (which is how I first became drawn to it). The Indians used turquoise and coral in paintings to bring rain. Others buried it to guard loved ones who had passed on. It's a stone of protection, of healing, courage, and love. It's no wonder I have always loved it. So the next time you feel alone, or in need of courage or protection, turquoise will help, whether it be a piece of jewelry or simply a chunk that you carry in your pocket.

4 comments:

Marlene said...

Lovely pendant, and thanks for the education, now I want to learn the meaning of other favorite stones of mine.

Just Me said...

If you let me know what stones you love, I will be happy to look them up for you! :D

readingsully2 said...

This is gorgeous. Nice work.

Just Me said...

Thanks Carole!