Monday, September 6, 2010

Stupid me...

So.. yesterday I got pulled over for apparently coming to a "rolling stop" at a stop sign that I turned right at, instead of a complete stop. I don't remember not stopping, I would say I always stop. But maybe I didn't this time, I wasn't concentrating on driving, I was tallying up grocery money in my head. Got a ticket for the first time in my driving history.. I have NEVER had a ticket before. And I'm really upset over it. Looked up the price on line and it's something along the lines of INSANE. They wrote down "disregard for stop sign" on the ticket.. I guess that means "running" the sign? Which is technically not what I did, I don't think.. I don't know.. Anyways, point being, it's an insane fine, and hubby thinks I need to go to court to contest it and try to get it dismissed, especially since it's my first one.. I am TERRIFIED. I mean UTTER PANIC every time I even THINK about it. How am I going to do this? I can't do it.. I can't... Just thinking about it gives me the shakes, I just want to bolt... What am I going to do? And what if they don't dismiss it???? Then I have to pay the ticket AND court costs.. Let's put it this way... Memphis vs here... The ticket is FIVE TIMES AS MUCH here. What am I going to do?

1 comment:

tyocelot said...

Ty got a ticket for doing the same thing. Over $300!!