Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Paths

Well.. ok, had an appt last week with a new psychiatrist.. Really really like her. She admitted she knew nothing of aspergers or autism, but she was very honest and thorough.. I liked that... Hubby and I sat down and had a big talk about supplements and meds. Decided that I couldn't handle what may be "kicked up" by supplements right now, and that THE goal was to get me to a level and happy place. Period. And if meds will do that quickly and affordably.. so be it. So anyways.. we're trying low dose Abilify and Adderall (gee.. ADHD? ME? never.. *spills sarcasm*) The Abilify I feel needs to be ramped up to a full dose. It takes the "edge" off now. The Adderall, I decided to half the dose she gave me due to the mitral valve prolapse. The cardio doc agreed with me and it does seem to be doing a good bit of help at that dose. Though I will admit, the days when I miss a dose are NOT pretty. Will talk w/ the doc about maybe trying a non-stimulant.. The first few days of Abilify and Adderall together I was in such a great mood. It's weird to feel happy. You know, REALLY happy. Wanting to do things, wanting to clean.. (don't die of shock on me here!) Came down off of that though... :( Back to yelling.. Though like I said, I need some more tweaking of meds to get it right... but it's a good start. I do feel like I can control the rage-y part of my anger.. so that is quite an improvement... Now we just need to keep going...

On other subjects... The kids got their second Hep B and their first MMR today. Not seeing any serious issues other than an immediate lack of impulse control.. though I won't jump to conclusions JUST yet.. They have had a very out of the ordinary day full of stress and crazy appointments... so they could just be out of sorts from that.. Here's hoping!!! *crosses fingers*

4 comments:

Sharon Fargo said...

Watch your blood sugar! :)

Just Me said...

good to know, thanks Sharon!! :)

Anonymous said...

A good therapist can work wonders--I'm glad you like yours:)
Elsie

Just Me said...

Elsie - couldn't agree more!