Thursday, April 8, 2010

Struggling with me.

Been struggling a lot here lately.. Not with moods, thankfully. For the most part that has been under control, a few outbursts and some overwhelmed moments but nothing serious. I have been struggling with taking care of myself. 99% of the time, I put the kids first. Each day, every day. I don't eat breakfast until they're out the door and on the bus. I buy them clothes instead of buying myself clothes. I make sure they are washed and cleaned and healthy, but I don't do the same for me.

I know I need to change that. I know I need to take time for me, take care of me. But it's hard to change. Part of me wonders if the reason I don't care so much about taking care of me is because I don't think I'm worth it? I don't know, psychoanalyzing myself should be left to the professionals. ;)

So.. if I need to change the whole taking care of the kids/me ratio, what do I start with? How do I start? And what's the right "ratio" of kids/me??? I hate not knowing the answers to questions... *sigh*

No comments: