Thursday, April 15, 2010

Pre-midlife crisis??

Still feeling antsy. I want to make a difference. I want a change. I have been giving a lot of thought into rejoining the work field, at least part time. But the "normal" grind of jobs just don't appeal to me. My only job experience leans toward customer service, admin and retail... Not that I think badly about those types of positions, but I guess I'm looking fore more. If I could "make it" as a photographer or writer, I would jump at the opportunity. Those types of opportunities just don't present themselves very often, and I"m unsure about how to obtain them. I don't have enough confidence in myself for writing articles or books (though I have had SEVERAL ideas) nor starting a photography business (other than Etsy, and I'm rethinking that again) not to mention the lack of professional camera. Most of what I have a passion for, at least professionally speaking, requires a degree, which I don't have, can't afford to obtain, and honestly, I was never able to really master the lecture classes. I guess the think is, I feel ready for a "career" but I don't have a real way to obtain one. Frustrating to say the least... and a bit depressing.

No comments: