Monday, April 5, 2010

checking in...

I had a really great couple of days, I got a LOT done in ways of house work. vacuumed, swept, all the dishes done, counters cleaned, folded laundry... Lots of good stuff.. played out side a lot too... And Sunday.. not so much. I knew when I woke up it would be an off sorta day. Woke up sore. Had to make breakfast (which everyone liked, so that was good). THEN I had to make something for my family's easter potluck thing... Not so great. Planned on bringing some lunchmeats and the kids' bread, and a dessert. Decided I didn't have time for brownies, given everything around the house we had to do first. Then it was a rush to get out the door, and being in a rush KILLS me. Then we forgot some things and Richard had to go back for them. Then someone else brings lunch meat sandwhiches, and no one ate my desert (a fresh strawberry/banana gelatin dish) and it "melted" from being out, and I never got a chance to slip away to cool off, so I took a K and was feeling a bit better, then I dumped an entire glass of water on my pants. Had to borrow some from mom. Wasn't until everyone had left that I was feeling "ok". When we got home, we were so distracted that we forgot to put all the stuff up that needed refridgeration, and the 2 roasts I had in the crockpot were done. I unplugged the crock and took the lid off. Realized I had left the bread at mom's. She gave it to her friend to try on her kiddo (who might be GF soon) so I was just going to use gallon ziplocks for the roast since the container the bread was in is what we usually use for large foods. Only by the time I got off the phone w/ my mom, I'd completely forgotten about the roasts! So they sat out all night uncovered. So now I have to re-cook them up to temp in the crock to kill off any germs.. I'm just so annoyed that I had two GREAT days and now I'm back in a funk.

Oh and to make matters WORSE... When Richard got up this am, he didn't go let Merlin inside. (we let Merlin out at night because if we don't, he howls all night throughout the house) Well, when I got up, he was no where to be found.. Even with me calling for him, and shaking food.. He has NEVER done that so now I'm overly worried about him. Going to go for a walk later and see if I see him.

ugh.. why can't life be easy?

4 comments:

Angela said...

Sorry, Mel. And I Really hope you find Merlin!

Just Me said...

Merlin is still missing :( I'm going to cry my eyes out :*(

shenry said...

Oh jeeze. Have you found him yet? I'm sending positive vibes.

Just Me said...

I new I forgot something.. yeah.. He was back by 5:30 the next morning, howling to come in. Richard let him in and he made a beeline for the food ;) He's "grounded" now :P