Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Waking up in pain...

Yeah. The title says it all. So, back when I had the reaction to the Trileptal, the ER doc gave me a high dose prednisone RX. Basically, double the "normal" steroid pack. Started at 60mg (which is a LOT for little me) and titrated down over 10 days, instead of the normal 5 day period. By the 2nd day in, my fingers were stiff and puffy/swollen. By the 3rd day, my wrists and shoulders hurt, and I was sore at night, couldn't get comfy in bed. By day 5, my hips, knees and ankles burned and felt inflamed, very sore, tendons were really tight feeling. I'm off the steroids and still getting worse. Today? I feel like someone snuck into my bedroom last night and literally beat the crap out of me. The only area of my body that doesn't hurt? My neck. Every other joint in my body hurts or feels stiff as a board.. Even my skin hurts. Lovely.

Heading to the doc in roughly 1 1/2 hours. I swear.. If I didn't already know I had valid medical issues, I'd think I was a hypochondriac. Can I trade my body in for a newer model? Please? I can pay in cash. ;)

2 comments:

readingsully2 said...

I am so sorry to hear this, Mel. What were you taking steroids for initially? Glad you are off of them. I can only imagine what you might be going through....and all with small children to take care of. My heart hurts for you. I have one sore arm and it drives me crazy. I wish I could reach out with a magic wand and make it all go away. I hope things go well at the Doctor.

Just Me said...

I had a severe allergic reaction to one of the mood stablizers that the psychiatrist was trying on me (I'm was on Keppra for my seizures and was adding trileptal to the mix.. didn't go over well). Haven't made it public yet, but I'm being tested yet again for RA and Lupus, and being sent to a reumatologist...